We have been working on what I will grandly call "the master suite". All the demolition is done: walls are out, doors are gone, etc., etc. We got all the wall cracks sealed with caulk or foam and we've replaced all five windows.
Those changes alone have made the upstairs and the living room on the main floor (which used to receive all the cold air from upstairs) incredibly more livable this winter. And I mean that literally--it is hard to believe how much difference it has made.
Crazy to think that one board (the sheathing) is better at keeping out the cold without an interior wall and the insulation that was there just because it was finally sealed to keep out the drafts.
Troy has also roughed in the doorways for the bathroom/bedroom, bathroom/closet and bedroom/hallway. He has finished the interior framing of the exterior walls, framed the new wall between the bedrooms, and lined the window boxes.
We put up vapour barrier and had the fun experience of working with tar. It's called "acoustic sound barrier" but it is tar in a tube. Troy happened to read the box the other night and laughed to read that they call the product "non-staining". I can not imagine what they mean by that because it is tar--it is black and it never stops spreading to everything.
I'll leave you with a shot from the construction zone (master bedroom) into the room that we are currently sleeping in.
- ▼ 2015 (9)
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (85)
- ► 2007 (22)