Sunday, February 12, 2017
I had all the subflooring in the bedroom except the last piece that had to fit around the stove pipe:
But at the time it didn't quite feel right to just put the shims right over the metal, so about half of the edges were actually free and the parts that weren't were just barely trapped under the edge of the wood. So I decided a little careful prying would work. And it did.
And why did I clear out the bathroom? Because that is the first room that's getting the finished flooring. Holy cow, I might have an actual finished surface in my house.
Troy got an email that the order was ready much earlier than we expected. So Friday he picked up a bunch of bamboo flooring and even got the bulk of it upstairs:
Here's a picture of a few boards he "dry fit" together to see what it's like:
We didn't get much work done this week. We had visitors at the beginning of the week and I was gone for the weekend at the end of the week.
Thursday, February 02, 2017
The next week we went in to look at counter tops and ended up ordering one. It came with only one option of sink so there was no decision to be made there. (Very disappointingly, it did not have the option of a square sink, which I adore.)
But miraculously, we did manage to choose lights for above the vanity mirrors. That went a lot easier than I thought it was going to. (And can I say, there are some crazy lights available right now. Like I think they might be too shiny and tacky for a night club. Seriously.)
The counter had to be ordered and they didn't have two lights in stock so we had to order the second one. Those items are scheduled to be in tomorrow. The flooring isn't estimated to be done until the end of the month.
Meanwhile Troy picked up the vanity, linen closet and mirrors and we wrestled them into the house. we unpacked them right away to check for damage and found this:
We decided it wasn't worth packing up the vanity and trying to bring it back so the following day when we were in the store, we showed the pictures to the customer service people and asked if they could give a credit for the damage. They did and we were happy! And of course we turned around and spent it at the store right away!
Troy has been adding the walls which will define the bathroom space. First the third side of the tub/shower:
And just this week, he added the main wall dividing the bathroom from the closet. This is the view from the closet side:
The big hole in the middle that looks like it's going to be a pass-through window is not. That is the space for the medicine cabinets. Troy will be building the boxes in the wall and then hinging the mirrors on the front.
Meanwhile, I have kept busy in the bedroom. I finished the ribs to level the floor (yay!) and have put in piece 3 and 4 of the subfloor.
Now that the bedroom is empty I have had a chance to get a better look at the drywall. Sadly, it doesn't look like much of the sanding has been done at all--certainly a lot less than I had thought. I am not looking forward to that.
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (85)
- ► 2007 (22)