Sunday, September 30, 2007

More on patching & painting

Hello. Happy Sunday. Just wanted to give a quick pictorial update of my painting. This job will just go on and on so I promise I won’t bore you with all the details. But please allow me to show you Troy’s proficient patch/replacement of shingles:


And after it’s painted:


Here’s an updated larger view of the east side. You can see the new color is brighter than the old and the tone of blue is updated. The new color is a little brighter than expected, but I take what I get after I’m done picking the paint chip. It certainly will perk up the house!


I allowed myself to buy some new paint brushes (Wooster brand for outdoor painting), and I don’t know if it’s the brushes, the primer, or the paint, but it just glides on like butter. Greased butter. It’s wonderful to paint with. Thank goodness for small mercies because I’ve got a lot of hand painting to do! Bought myself a little hand bucket for the paint that straps onto my left hand (since I won’t be carrying around the 5 gallon bucket) and it’s pretty handy too. Eventually the strap feels too tight and makes my fingers numb, but other than that it works great. I just take the numbness as a sign that it’s time to take a break.

-christina

No comments:

Blog Archive