Sunday, March 15, 2009

Signs of Spring

It's definitely that time of year. We've had some beautiful weather, and they've promised us more until at least Wednesday. The sunshine is making me feel human again. Mmmmm...

As for signs of spring, let me start with the absolutely obligatory first flower of spring:
One brave yellow crocus which has still avoided being eaten by local feral rabbits.

Second sign of spring:
I hung my laundry out on the line. [I blurred out the undies to protect my modesty. Ok, no, I'm kidding you, but I bet I got you to double check!] It's slightly disturbing just how much I love hanging laundry up. But I do. I guess there are worse things to be obsessed with.

And the third sign was the loud and raucous yelling and screaming coming from the neighbour children who put down their WII and XBox controllers long enough to get outside. If they were having what sounded like good harmless fun, I wouldn't mind so much. But it's all so mean-spirited and threatening, vaguely violent. Not pleasant to listen too. I laugh when people ask how I like living in the quiet country. Not quite.

But I will pay that price if it means I can sit in the sun on my south porch. I had myself settled in nicely yesterday with my knitting. It makes me sigh blissfully just recalling it...

-christina

No comments:

Blog Archive