Tuesday, August 03, 2010

What I Get for Complaining

Just a little thing, but I was bemoaning to my sister that I had absolutely nothing blooming when we had company this weekend.

The lilies were done; the glads finished blooming only days before; the sunflowers weren't out yet; the maximilians hadn't even started producing buds; the morning glories were merely vines; never mind the trumpet vines and bittersweet that look like they won't put out any blossoms at all.

And then the day after the fun is done, I come home from work and find that my hibiscus is blooming!!

Wow! What a treat.

Both plants came through their first winter and have grown to about 2 - 3 feet tall.

This is the first bloom but I see buds for half a dozen more.

Thanks again, Tom, for passing on your hibiscus "babies" last summer! Are these the same colour as your plant?

No comments:

Blog Archive