Thursday, September 09, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Wedding day, Sep 9, 2000
I have to say it feels like just yesterday I was posting about the big 9 years on 9-9 of 09, but already it's been another year! I just reread that post, and even though that was a pretty low-key anniversary, I think today's may have hit an all-time low of least romantic. (I'm sorry, I dare say even beating Julie and Joel who celebrated their last one at a small group meeting.)

First, I scheduled a knitting class tonight without realizing the significance of the date. And Troy worked til 8. So that already was not a promising beginning.

When I got done my knitting class, I went out and discovered my car battery was completely dead. I hadn't left anything on and that about exhausted my diagnostic skills so I just called Troy at work and waited. (Of course, having just come from knitting class, I had not one, and not two, but three projects to work on while waiting!)

Troy came about 50 minutes later and diagnosed a dead battery. Like not drained, but completely useless dead. We boosted it twice but it wouldn't support the lights. So we abandoned the car, went and bought a new battery and then came back so Troy could change it out right there in the parking lot. He figures it was the factory battery and the car's a '98. So I guess I shouldn't feel bad about getting 12 years' use out of a factory battery.

We were home by 10:30 and now I'm writing a blog post.

Didn't I tell you it was a romantic anniversary? Hmm...I meant that sarcastically, but read a different way, this is the story of a knight in shining armour rescuing his damsel in distress. Very romantic, actually!

We'll celebrate in a more traditional manner on Saturday with dinner at my favourite restaurant.

Hope your honey takes care of you at least half as well as mine takes care of me!

No comments:

Blog Archive