Monday, October 27, 2008

Best. Popcorn. Ever.


The title about sums up Troy and my thoughts on his home grown popcorn.

Troy had picked it about a month ago, let it continue to dry in the house (on the cob), had been sorting out the good kernels from the bad, and finally announced last night that it was dry enough we could try to pop it. And so he did.

And pop it did. We have an old air popper (I'm talking from 1994) and it works better with the lid off. (Not the large top part, just the little cup thing.) Regular commercial popcorn hardly ever pops enough to go out the top, but this fresh stuff was popping like crazy. It was all coming out the top until there was enough to sort of jam the opening.

But the best part was eating it. I don't even know how to describe how it was so much better than every other popcorn than I've ever had, but it SOOOO was! Super fresh, good texture, light and flavourful. Oh soo good. Troy and I each unsuspectingly took our first bites, and then looked at each other and said, "Wooowwww" at the same time. I'm serious, we did.

We just have a little more left
but Troy assures me that it will be no trouble to plant enough (next time...or some day) to keep me well supplied...can't wait...mmmm...

But meanwhile I very much enjoyed the popcorn I had and can look forward to one or two more servings.

-christina

No comments:

Blog Archive