Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Passed inspection, and public thanks and recognition

This morning, we passed our second to last inspection (from the building inspector) with flying colors. I now feel almost invincible.

Furthermore, I would like to publicly thank my wife for helping out so much with the very time/weather sensitive shingling. Not many wives would be up there slogging away with tar paper and shingles in cold wet inclement weather. She did. Even when things did not cooperate. There are very few things she would not attempt if she thought it necessary. She is a jewel and I try to remind myself periodically how special she really is. Remodeling a house while you live in it, as a couple, is famously stressful. Christina makes it look almost easy. Maybe I can get her to blush.

Doing things that are difficult and/or unpleasant can have an "up side". Here's a quote that summarizes my feelings on this matter.

"Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance, self-control, diligence, strength of will, content, and a hundred other virtues which the idle never know." - Charles Kingsley (1819 - 1875)


troy

No comments:

Blog Archive