Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Cold Day in...

...August, that is.
Yes, nothing like being chilly outside on a sunny day in August despite wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to inspire you to split some firewood!

Troy had cut up quite a nice supply about a week ago, and I have been prevented by the rain from splitting any. (Yes, surely, I was chomping at the bit...) But today I was inspired. ("On fire" you might say...hee hee) I got three wheelbarrow loads done in the afternoon; that gets me about 24 inches on the pile and takes roughly an hour. I also unloaded the trailer. (Ok, all but the last two pieces because, believe it or not, there are some that I can not lift myself.)

I had also done a little painting in the afternoon. (Still white on white so no pictures; you are going to be left in suspense a little longer.) I finished it early enough to contemplate getting a second coat done the same day. That's not happened much at all with this project. (I just don't have days when I can paint twice with four hours in between.)

Anyway, after four hours I got myself out there again (pat pat on my back, please), and it only took about 20 minutes (including cleanup). !! So I decided I could do a little more and went back to the wood splitter. Troy unloaded the heavy pieces for me--one pretty much filled the wheelbarrow by itself. (That's a lot of wood from one piece. And I am thankful for wheelbarrows because what I can't lift, I can push!) I thought I was going to do another three loads, but pooped out after two.

Meanwhile Troy was digging up potatoes. Here's what almost 60 pounds looks like:
And that's just from one small part of the potato patch.

Boy oh boy.

No comments:

Blog Archive