Sunday, February 06, 2011

Kitchen Gravel Pit

Yup, the "strip mining"'s done and the gravel pit's been completely revealed. All of the concrete slab is removed.
Troy's been working hard and without any help from me. I got a cold soon after the one work night I did put in and it rendered me quite useless.

I did put in my time on Saturday, however, when I spend two hours at Lowe's putting together a cabinet package. I now have an idea of what the cabinets are going to cost and some nice printouts of what it could look like. (My graph paper drawings were gratifyingly accurate, but the new printouts have actual door styles drawn in, etc.)

I also have something new to obsess about. I finally fell asleep going over every detail of our conversation/plan. And I woke up this morning still thinking about it. Little details to add; things he put in that I don't think we need. The fact that I made no provision of where to put outlets in the island. You know, things like that.

We are still a long ways from cabinets, but that hasn't sunk in. In a day or two I will crash on that realization. In the meantime I am happily obsessed with the idea of actually having cabinets in the kitchen. Wow. That will be amazing.

While I'm writing, why don't I share a few pictures from the "Blizzard of 2011," as it was so quickly dubbed.

We had snow blown in the cracks of two doors and a window. Here's the front door:
We knew this door was bad, but this was the first time we had anything like this. It was a very strong wind. And very small pellet-y snow.

I don't think we got huge amounts of snow from the storm, but we did get very large drifts.
One day I ploughed my way through a drift in the driveway when I came home but by the time Troy came home a couple hours later, he couldn't make it through. It had to be over the hood of his car.
Thank you, snow blower. (I had to shovel a path to get wood before he got home--that was some heavy snow!)

All for now. Half time's over and I'm going to get back to the game...

No comments:

Blog Archive