Sunday, March 18, 2012

With Practice I Get Slower?

I worked on the tile for about five hours today and feel like I have very little to show for it.

To give you a comparison, this is where I left off last time:
Now I have the bottom part done to the right edge of the stove:
Here's a better view behind the stove:
The tile stops at the level of the counter.

Not only did it take a long time, but most of it will not even be seen because it is behind the stove! Gah.

My most convoluted cut yet. It took me two tries. (My math/
geometry was good, but I over cut the one corner because I
couldn't see through my water-sprayed glasses.)
I didn't think there was that much cutting, but I guess there was enough to slow me down. Plus having to work behind the stove did cost me some time too. Oh yeah, and unscrewing all the electrical outlets and light switches. Ah ha...things are starting to make sense now.

Part way through the afternoon I thought I could get the tile done in two more sessions. Now I am not so sure.

But it's still progress, I'm not actually going backwards. Something to cling to.

Need warpaint? Try spray-on tile dust!

No comments:

Blog Archive