Friday, July 13, 2007

We have a building permit!

As noted in the title, we are now permitted to build our super insulated shop building. FULL SPEED AHEAD. For you star trek fans, full speed for me is about 1/4 impulse power. But at least the state isn't holding us up. We are thankful to our benevolent and loving God for facilitating this.

Of course, we still have to pass the actual inspections, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

On an almost unrelated note, I have almost solved a knotty problem with my tractor. For inscrutable Chinese reasons, they designed the thing to use an obscure, rare oil filter for the engine. I have looked at five places that sell lots of oil filters, and got skunked. The last two places, Isaac and I finally resorted to removing every oil filter from the box and measuring the size of the hole and threads where the filter attaches. Nothing, nada, zilch, zero, again. The solution that finally presented itself was to stop looking for the unobtanium filter, and change the filter mount. That will involve making a little threaded pipe adapter that's metric on the tractor end, and english on the filter end. If I had my lathe set up, this would be 30-45 minutes of pleasant work for a no-cost, permament and elegant solution.

Since my lathe is not set up, I'm trying to get another machinest to make it for 20-25 bucks. He doesn't seem to be answering the phone the last couple of days, so I might have to scrounge through boxes and find all the parts to make my lathe operational again. I suppose even machinests are allowed to go on vacation from time to time.

If it's not one thing, it's two others.

Have a lovely day,

troy

1 comment:

David said...

I'm glad the permit came through without incident.

Blog Archive