Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Insulation: Day Twelve (Twelve's the Charm?)

We did more insulation this past Sunday. I hesitate to say that it is the last time (kind of like never saying never) but Troy is pretty eager to seal up the holes and stop some moisture problems that have come up. So maybe he will seal those up before that nagging thought comes back to him that he needs to stuff just a little more in.

We had to have this conversation again: (quote from last time)
I then said that I thought I was going to have to explain how calculus works and the fact that no matter how many times we went around the room, he could always fit in just a little more. Less each time, but still more each and every time to the nth degree. He laughed and agreed and confirmed that we are done. (I'm sure those of you who know Troy are not surprised that I was worried he would want to do everything again. Sometimes I think it's my job to keep his thoroughness in check. But not this time.)
After explicitly telling me we didn't have to do the whole building again because he wouldn't be doing the full holes, Troy went around and did each and every hole again. He did start with the "more empty" ones first, but just couldn't stop there. It's a good thing the machine runs loud so it could covered up my [tolerant] grumbling.

When Troy picked up the machine at Home Depot, the guys at both stations (check in and pickup) recognized him as the "guy that gets the insulation." It's been months since we've been there but they still know him. In fact, they act like no one else rents the machine.

But surely that can't be true. It was a different machine, and Troy had to do his standard modifications:
Maybe we're the only one doing this on Sundays and these guys only work on Sundays? I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter. At least Troy doesn't need to explain what he needs.

Troy's been still working on taping and mudding the drywall. The last stretch to do has been the seam between the ceiling and wall. And of course, now he has a lot of holes to patch too. Work in general has slowed the last little bit. While not giving up or stopping entirely, we are enjoying a respite. (We even watched a movie the other night!)


ETA: It was just reported that Troy patched the holes on the north, east, and most of the west walls this morning! Wowsers.

No comments:

Blog Archive