Saturday, January 30, 2010

Room Reclamation

Long before the shop was usable in any way, Troy claimed the dining room as a work room. It was already a mess and cordoned off with plastic from when he and Joel blew insulation into the walls.

I had done a "rough" cleanup after the insulation was done, but since then there has been a lot of wood cut in the room (that means a lot of sawdust) and Troy and I topped off the insulation which made another mess.

Now that the shop is largely functional for these types of tasks (after all, Troy's logic for building the shop first was so that he could work in there while fixing up the house), Troy has agreed that the dining room's stint as workshop is over.

My mother had the unfortunate timing of visiting me while I was fired up to get this done. So, much like our Christmas company, I put her to work!
But in my defense, this is the type of job that is right up her alley. We made a big difference in only about an hour.

It was a lot of vacuuming and sweeping. We didn't actually move any of the stuff out to the shop. I'll do that later. (I thought I'd actually give Troy time to make a place in the shop instead of just dumping it in there.) A lot of it is equipment Troy uses for starting seeds (which he did in the dining room last spring). He'll be doing that in the shop this year. For one thing, the temperature there will likely be more constant than in the dining room!

Without a wide angle lens, it's a little hard to get a good shot, but let me try:

Before is on the left, and after is on the right. Taking down the plastic has made such a difference in the living room as well!

And the dining room is much more open; all the stuff along the edges waiting to be moved:
Small steps...making a difference in day-to-day life!

No comments:

Blog Archive