Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Little More Progress

The other day we got the holes drilled for the handles on the island cabinet, so I was set to vacuum them out and fill 'em up.

The first drawer to get to was the top one, the one with the knives:
The plywood boxes that Troy made for our previous drawers fit pretty well and otherwise the more used knives seem to lay nicely on the padded toolbox liner. It's a little decadent, but we have the space. (Wow, did I just say that?! Woo hoo!)

I had enough toolbox liner to do a couple shelves that are holding pots and pans:
It seems crazy decadent to use upper cabinet space for pots and pans, but we do use these items a lot and they sure are convenient to the stove.

I'm going to try storing potatoes, etc, in the bottom drawer on the island:
I'm hoping to find a couple plastic containers that fit better to hold the produce. I am really tired of stuff sitting out so I'll be donating the container that used to hold the potatoes and onions and trying a drawer.

And what, you may ask, is that lone potato doing outside of the bag? Well, that is actually a stone. Troy's mom found it in the garden a couple summers ago while she was visiting and thought it looked like a potato. She sneaked it into my potato bin, but (just like her son) couldn't wait for me to find it on my own and ended up pointing it out to me. It gave me a chuckle and I have kept it in my potato bin ever since. (Psst...sometimes it's even fooled me.)

No comments:

Blog Archive