Thursday, April 05, 2012

Seeing Red

While I was waiting for dinner to cook tonight, I decided to clear all the junk off the island and take a look at the red marble I picked up last week.
You know, just to make sure they were all there...
See what they looked like...
Try them out...
I may have been swept into a vortex of red marble, and not been able to free myself...
It's very beguiling...
I ended up "dry fitting" the counter with the tiles that would fit.
Handling the tile and seeing how it looks has given me a profound sense of my inadequacy and inexperience. I am convinced I do not have the skills to do this right. But the bull headedness to try it anyway.

Troy did not temper my feelings by coming home, looking at the counter, and saying "Wow! That's too fancy for us." Yes, this tile is out of our league. But we'll try to measure up.

No comments:

Blog Archive