Monday, March 15, 2010

Need an environmental/food pick-me-up?

I am keenly aware that many of the blog posts here are a happy mix of gloom and alarmist. Let's face it, there are a lot of gloomy and alarming things going on in the world at the moment. I'm fun at parties too!

However, I ran across a reference to a genuine success story about food, and farming, and the environment. So, since I am more interested in fixing the problem, than I am about worrying about it, go watch this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_how_i_fell_in_love_with_a_fish.html

This is from the TED series, ideas worth sharing. They generally run from 5-15 minutes, and are often brilliant and outstanding. They run the gamut from astrophysics and the meaning and origin of the universe, to, well, fish farming.

While this specific post is about fish farming, the general principles discussed would immediately be recognized by the organic gardener as well. It's all about the relationships. It's an excellent summary of what I am striving for on our little seven acres.


Micro-update on the building process, Isaac and I will likely paint the shop this week if we can move all the junk out of the the way.

troy

No comments:

Blog Archive