While driving home late-ish tonight, I was astounded by a huge blood red moon hanging in the sky. I think that is in part an effect of the moon being close to the horizon so I was hurrying home so I could try catch it in a photograph.
I dashed in the house, put on a jacket (because the nights are surprisingly cool again!), grabbed the camera and ran outside. Fortunately for me I had a little flashlight on. (Back story: I usually prefer to make my way in the dark--I know my own house and own property enough to get around. Troy prefers a flashlight, anytime, every time. We go back and forth on this, but tonight I had a flashlight.)
As I was about to cross some weeds to climb onto a stump in the fence row to get a clear view of the moon, my flashlight flashed across something and I stopped. Fortunately in time.
As a side note, the spider did not seem to object to being the centre of attention. Perhaps it knew that if anything, the light would draw a bigger dinner. And fortunately a couple of the pictures turned out because none of the moon pictures came out at all.
- ► 2012 (37)
- Servitude Sunday: Pipe Dreams
- Blood Red Moon and Other Bad Omens
- Empowerment of the regular folks through the blogo...
- Process update and an example of how not to run yo...
- Very First Fruit
- Is Remodeling Your House the Key to Not Developing...
- What We Do on Sunny Sunday Afternoons
- The Kitchen's Torn Apart...Time to Make a Plan
- ▼ August (8)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (85)
- ► 2007 (22)