Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Garden update

What another update? Already? Sure why not...springs blooms are popping up all over right now. The hyacinths, for instance, finally stopped looking so anemic and are sending their scent all through the yard.

And the tulips have finally made an appearence. (Ok, so I'm an impatient gardener.) Along the garage, they're all lined up:
And the ones facing south that I wrote about are all popping open as anticipated. I didn't realize how many purple and yellow ones I had planted. Good for me trying something other than red!


The next to bloom should be the alliums--their flower buds are already forming. And the lilies are coming up through the ground now. (I still get excited that I can recognize plants at such an early stage...I'm learning.)

I put in some cosmos seeds this afternoon that Troy got for free with his last order. They also threw in a free pack of fertilizer--they generously provided a sample for a whole square foot! Wow. Ok, I guess it was free, what am I complaining about.

Alright, that's it for tonight. Tomorrow I should be able to give you an update on the construction, so stayed tuned!
-christina

No comments:

Blog Archive