Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring is really close

I can't remember who it was, but someone asked if we had any blooms yet. I had one last week--a purple crocus--but it lasted only one day before it was eaten up. I went to look again on Saturday at 9 in the morning and I didn't see any. Just some tulips getting taller (up to about 3"). When I went out again at noon, this happy bloom was smiling up at me. Now I know crocuses are more the blooms of late winter than early spring, but it is still a sign. (And this warm beautiful sunny weather has not hurt one bit.) I also enjoy this crocus because it was a tag along. I didn't do well with crocuses at the old property and didn't think I moved any of them over. But a few apparently tagged along with my daffodils, tulips and lilies. Lucky me! May they be fruitful and multiply!


This is the view that greets me when I walk up the stairs and look out the window at the landing. It faces due west and always frames a nice scene, especially at sunset. Even the stark bare branches warm up in this light.






All for now...it's late and I still must feed my facebook addiction (a recently acquired addiction) before Troy kicks me off this connection and uses it for his own self.

ttfn,
christina

No comments:

Blog Archive