Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Brief update...

We didn't blow insulation last weekend, mostly because my wife had other commitments, and I find it difficult to be in two places at once. That would be handy come to think of it...

Christina's mom came over for a visit, which we always enjoy. The both of them walked in the local fundraiser for AIDS. Christina was the top fundraiser (for a private individual, not a business) AGAIN for the 4th or 5th year.

So...it was hard to argue with postponing the insulation for a week. Also, it's not like I lacked for other things to do. I hacked up a few more tree trunks to make sure Christina doesn't run out of wood for the hydraulic splitter. I/we changed the brake fluid in the Dodge/cummins/truck and in her Toyota Corola. I disked up the garden and the pasture again. I have killed about 95% of the grass, which is good. I spread alfalfa pellets (rabbit chow) in the garden, which is nice, gentle, persistent, organic fertilizer. It's cheap too when you buy it by the 50 pound bag.

We will be back to blowing insulation this coming weekend, so progress will not be detered!

Finest regards,

troy

No comments:

Blog Archive