Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Last Monday Troy put down the first sheet of plywood on the floor. He proposed putting one sheet down each night and I think we did that once during the week. (Missed Tuesday, one down Wednesday, missed Thursday.)

So when it came up at work on Friday that it was my anniversary, they all asked if we were going out to dinner. "No," I said. "I betcha to celebrate we'll put down two sheets of plywood tonight." Sure enough, that's what we did!

The last two covered up the big gaping gash we've had in the floor for months now between the two halves of the floor. I will enjoy how quickly having a solid continuous floor will make me forget that even exists.

It's been a wonder walking across the room on the plywood. I'm not aware of the old floor bouncing or moving, but the plywood is rock solid. My feet don't know what to make of it!

All for now. I don't know what we'll be up to tomorrow for Servitude Sunday, but I'm sure I'll let you know!

No comments:

Blog Archive